Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today's Special Guest - Andrew Bellile

Musings From the Fire

I spent the evening thinking of you
You call me beloved
And my thoughts turn to You
And return
And turn again

Adulterous soul
Gaze into the eyes of your beloved
Do not shrink away from His love
Your bride price is extravagant
Though He pays it with abandon

What cost justice
What price freedom
What is due for your healing
To cleans away your filth
The wages of the tailor
For your raiment
Your bridal gown

His crown
Loss of position, status
Every moment of communion
Betrayal of a friend
Humiliation
Agony and humiliation
Every drop of His precious blood
Death

Your Husband paid all this and more
To save you for Himself
To purchase an unwilling bride
A shame-filled harlot
Who loves her filth
Like Him there is no shadow
Of turning in you

Repent
Repent and seek His strong arms
His nail scared hands
Protector, lover, friend
Husband
King

(c) 2011 Andrew Bellile

1 comment:

  1. A poem by one of my Christian friends that moved me deeply. One of the things I love is finding the people who go to the depth of their beliefs, and then live in a way that honors everyone. Thank you for letting me post this here, Andy.

    ReplyDelete